Africa Centre for Customs & Excise Studies (AACETS) is a training institution registered and domiciled in zimbabwe. It is run by the Zimbabwe Institute of Certified Customs and Excise Experts (ZICCEE).
The ZICCEE is a Trust registered in Zimbabwe under Notarial Deed MA0002470/2019. The Trust is a body corporate and capable of suing and can be sued in its corporate name. The Trust has perpetual succession and shall continue as a legal entity notwistanding any changes in the membership.
The objects of the Trust include but not limited to:
- Protect and promote the integrity of the Customs and Excise profession for the benefit of Members and national development in customs and excise by providing and facilitating professional training and research in Customs, Excise and Trade matters.
- To formulate and enforce Regulations, Rules and necessary codes of Ethical Conduct for the members and the Institute within the framework of the laws of Zimbabwe.
- To promote trade facilitation through participation in national and international trade and industrial policies formulation
What we do
We encourage and promote professionalism among customs and trade experts.
- We build capacity through training.
- We research and publish articles on customs, excise and trade matters.
- We do consultancy work in the field of customs, excise and trade.